Terms and Conditions
Suncorp ESSI Money Challenge 2017
The Challenge is the Suncorp ESSI Money Challenge 2017 which will run from 9.00am (Brisbane AEST) Monday 21 August 2017 until 5.00pm (Brisbane AEST) Friday 1 September 2017 (Challenge).
The organiser of the Challenge is the Financial Basics Foundation ABN 90 114 612 270 (Organiser), Level 7, 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
The Challenge is sponsored by Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank).
By entering the Challenge, the entrant is agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who can enter
1. The Challenge is open to all secondary school students aged between 12 years (taken to mean students born in 2005) and 18 years (taken to mean students born in 1999), who are residents of Australia.
2. The Challenge will comprise of two categories. The first category will comprise of participants aged 12-15 years. The second category will comprise of participants aged 16-18 years.
3. Participants born in 2005, 2004, 2003 or 2002 will be deemed to be in the 12-15 year age category, despite the fact that for part or all of the Challenge they may not be aged 12-15 years.
4. Participants born in 2001, 2000 or 1999 will be deemed to be in the 16-18 year category, despite the fact that for part or all of the Challenge they may not be aged 16-18 years.
5. Employees, directors and shareholders of the Organiser and iLiquid Pty Ltd trading as Liquid Interactive ABN 36 121 985 117 (Website and Game Developer) and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Challenge.
6. Principal sponsors, employees of sponsor organisations, authorised agencies and their families may participate in the Challenge.
7. To enter the Challenge, a student must be in a class for which the teacher:
7.1. is a Member of the Financial Basics Foundation; and
7.2. has registered the class for the Challenge using the online entry form found at www.financialbasics.org.au (any other form of automated entry using any other devices or software is invalid).
8. Once registered, the Member will be provided with a ‘Student Link’ which will allow up to fifty (50) students to enter the Challenge.
9. To submit an entry to the Challenge, participants must follow the 'Student Link' referred to in Clause 8 above and submit to the Organiser:
The duly completed ESSI Money Game; and
the mandatory end of game financial literacy quiz and survey questions that form part of the Challenge.
10. Entries must be received by the Organiser no later than 5:00pm (Brisbane AEST) Friday 1 September 2017. For the avoidance of doubt, entries will be deemed to have been received by the Organiser when accepted by the Organiser's web server or system host.
11. Entry into the Challenge is free.
12. Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entries not made in accordance with these terms and conditions will be considered invalid.
13. By entering the Challenge, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledges that they have read and understood the terms and conditions, including all amendments, additions, replacements and modifications which may be made from time to time by the Organiser.
14. The Organiser may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
15. An entry that does not contain all required information or contains incorrect information will be considered invalid and the Organiser reserves the right to declare any entry invalid.
16. Each participant must warrant that the information and particulars submitted to the Organiser are true, accurate, complete, their own work and do not infringe on the rights (including copyright) of any other person. Each participant aged 18 years and over warrants that they will indemnify the Organiser against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
17. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant's identity) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
18. The Organiser is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, indecipherable or misdirected entries.
19. For the purposes of entering the Challenge, each Participant may make a maximum of 5 attempts (combined across all classes) at the ESSI Money Game (where an “attempt” is when a participant has logged-in and progressed to "week 2" or further). However, only the highest score for each participant will be taken into consideration for judging purposes.
20. Any participant making in excess of 5 attempts (combined across all classes) at the ESSI Money Game will be disqualified from the Challenge.
21. The Organiser is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, lines, servers, telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network or a combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant’s computer, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication of any materials in this Challenge.
22. All entries become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned to the participants.
23. Failure by the Organiser to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
How the Student Winners are determined
24. The participant with the highest score in each age category will be the winner of their respective category for the Challenge (each a Winner and collectively the Winners).
25. For the avoidance of doubt, there will only be two Winners of the Challenge: one Winner for the 12-15 year category and one Winner for the 16-18 year category.
26. Participant scores will be calculated by combining the 'Finishing Net Position' as at the end of 'week 26' of the ESSI Money Game with the score from the mandatory end of game financial literacy quiz questions that form part of the Challenge.
27. Where multiple participants in an age category have the same score (which is the highest score for the age category), the Organiser will, at its sole discretion, determine the Winner based on the participants' responses to the mandatory end of game financial literacy questions that form part of the Challenge.
28. The decisions made by the Organiser and/or its appointed judges are final and binding in all manner and no appeals or discussions in relation to the decisions shall be entered into for any reason whatsoever.
29. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or determine the selection process of Winners at any time.
30. Participants who have been winners (in either age category) in previous years of the ESSI Money Challenge may participate in the Challenge however they will NOT be eligible to be selected as Winners in either age category.
31. The Organiser will notify those participants who have been determined as the Winners by email or telephone and will provide the Winners with Prize Letters at the Organiser's discretion after the end date of the Challenge.
32. The participants who have been deemed the Winners must be able to produce proof, to the Organiser's satisfaction, that they meet the eligibility criteria of the Challenge and these terms and conditions before they can be officially considered the Winners.
33. The Organiser will also notify the school(s) which each Winner is enrolled at (Winning School) by email or telephone and will provide the Winning School(s) with Prize Letters at the Organiser's discretion after the end date of the Challenge.
34. Where the Organiser cannot notify the Winner or the Winning School using the contact information provided on the registration form within fourteen (14) days after the end date of the Challenge, the participant with the next highest score in the relevant age category will be deemed the Winner.
35. The names of the Winners and the Winning Schools will appear on the Organiser’s and sponsor’s websites as soon as practicable after the Winners have been determined by the Organiser. The names of Winners who are under 18 years of age will not be published unless their parent or legal guardian so consents.
36. Each Winner will be entitled to a prize for themselves (Individual Prize) and a prize for the school which they are enrolled at (Winning School Prize) (collectively the Prizes).
37. Neither of the Prizes are transferable, divisible or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
38. The Winners and Winning Schools should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications that may arise from receipt of the Prizes.
39. Each Winner will receive AUD$1,000.00 deposited in a Suncorp-Metway Limted ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account held in the name of the Winner.
40. If the winner does not hold a Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account, and is under 12 years of age, their parent or guardian will need to assist in opening the account to redeem the prize. To open an account, the Winner and their parent or guardian must attend a Suncorp Bank Branch and:
40.1. Complete and sign an Account Opening Form;
40.2. read the relevant Product Information Document; and
40.3. be identified as required by Suncorp Bank
41. Once the relevant account has been opened, Suncorp Bank will deposit $1,000.00 into the Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account as the opening balance. If the Winner already holds a Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account, Suncorp will deposit the $1,000.00 prize into this existing account.
Winning School Prize
42. Each Winning School will receive AUD$4,000.00 in an Account held in the name of the Winning School.
New Teacher Competition
43. Teacher Members, who have registered with the Financial Basics Foundation after 1 September 2016 and before 1 September 2017, will be eligible to win $1000 for their school if:
43.1. they register at least one class to compete in the Suncorp ESSI Money Challenge 2017;
43.2. 5 or more students from one class complete the Challenge; and
43.3. that class records the highest average score.
44. The three schools with the highest average score will receive AUD$1000 in an Account held in the name of the School.
45. Only one class per school will be eligible to receive this prize. Where two or more classes from the same school record an average score within the top 3 highest averages scores, the class with the next highest average score, from a different school, will be deemed a winner.
46. All participants who register during the entry period in accordance with condition 43 will be automatically entered into the New Teacher Competition.
47. Where more than 3 classes from different schools have the same score (which is the highest average class score), the Organiser will, at its sole discretion, determine the three Winners based on the participants' responses to the mandatory end of game financial literacy questions that form part of the Challenge.
New School Competition
Three qualifying schools will be randomly selected to receive AUD$500 in an Account held in the name of the School.
48. NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/15925
49. Teacher Members from schools that were not on our list prior to 1 September 2016, will be eligible to win $500 for their school and will be automatically entered into the New School Competition if:
49.1. they register at least one class to compete in the Suncorp ESSI Money Challenge 2017; and
49.2. 5 or more students from that class complete the Challenge.
50. Any eligible New School entrant who the Organiser automatically enters into the New School Competition in accordance with condition 49 who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email email@example.com and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
51. All valid entries received during the entry period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on Tuesday 12 September 2017 at Level 7, 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria.
52. There are three prizes to be won in total. $500 per school will be awarded. The first three valid entries randomly drawn will each win a prize.
53. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Organiser may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority and any State and Territory legislation, where required. The Organiser accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
54. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Organiser’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
55. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Organiser has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact a winner on or before Tuesday 19 September 2017; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Organiser to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another eligible entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining eligible entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on Tuesday 19 September 2017 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
Use of personal information
57. Personal information of participants under 18 years of age will only be used with the consent of the participant's parent or legal guardian.
58. Personal information of participants will not be passed on or used by any other agencies, sponsors or organisations assisting with the Challenge except as necessary to any companies connected to the Challenge and to any relevant authorities for the purpose of administering the Challenge and awarding any prizes.
59. If at any time during or after the Challenge a participant wants to delete any personal information that the Organiser has collected from that person’s entry into the Challenge, the entrant may contact the Organiser by telephoning (03) 9610 4919 to this effect. However, if the participant requests the deletion of their personal information during the Challenge period, the participant will no longer be eligible to win prizes.
Participation in promotional work for the Challenge
60. By entering the Challenge, participants agree to participate in any promotion, advertising and public relations activities that the Organiser and or its sponsors deem necessary for the promotion of the Challenge.
61. Participants under 18 years of age will not be able to participate in any promotion, advertising or public relations activities unless the participant's parent or legal guardian consents.
General conduct of the Challenge
62. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Organiser's conduct of the Challenge or the Organiser's ability to deliver Prizes in respect of the Challenge, then the Organiser may in its absolute discretion cancel the Challenge. Alternatively or subsequent to cancelling the Challenge, the Organiser may recommence the Challenge under similar conditions or substitute any of the Prizes for a prize of similar value.
63. If for any reason the Challenge does not run for its duration due to a computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, the Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
64. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded at law, the Organiser is not responsible for any:
malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
failure of any email or entry to be received by the Organiser; nor
any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the Challenge, downloading any materials in the Challenge or winning or using any of the Prizes.
65. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, the Organiser reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to:
Cancel or modify the Challenge, or any part thereof,
Determine and/or amend, by addition to, deletion from or variation of, these terms and condition without prior notification, including but not limited to, the eligibility terms and criteria for the Challenge and the selection of winners; or
Substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason and without any payment or compensation whatsoever.
66. The Challenge and these terms and condition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.