The Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge uses ESSI Money PLUS as the platform but is a competition with cash prizes separate from the normal ESSI Money game. The Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge runs for two weeks in term three every year, whereas the normal version of ESSI Money is available all year round. In 2023, the Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge will run from Friday 21 August to Friday 1 September.
You must be an Educator Member of the Financial Basics Foundation to register a class to compete in the Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge.
What’s the difference between ESSI Money and the Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge?
There are two ways you can play ESSI Money.
First, there’s the normal version of the game (ESSI Money and ESSI Money PLUS), which students can play all year round. You can read more about ESSI Money and how to register here.
The second is the Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge, a national financial literacy competition held in term three every year.
In the Suncorp Bank ESSI Money Challenge, students:
- compete against students from all over Australia, rather than just in their own class/school
- compete within a defined two-week period
- can monitor their progress daily through our website on a national leaderboard
- are eligible to win prize money for themselves and their school
- are separated into two age categories: 12-15 and 16-18
- must complete a financial literacy quiz and survey at the end of the game
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023 SUNCORP BANK ESSI MONEY CHALLENGE OPENS ON MONDAY 31 JULY.
- Full details including Registration Forms, Terms and Conditions and Prize Categories will be available on our website three weeks before the competition begins.