(each a Prize-winner and collectively the Prize-winners).
21. For the avoidance of doubt, there are 22 High-Scoring Participant Prizes for the Challenge: three prizes (first, second and third) for the 12-15 year category, three prizes (first, second and third) for the 16-18 year category and one prize per category for the highest score in each state/territory. Total prize value of all score-based student prizes is $10,000.
22. For High-Scoring Participant Prizes shown in the table in clause 20 as a bank deposit:
22.1. Each Prize-winner will receive their prize by a deposit into a Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) bank account held in the name of the Prize-winner. Prizes for 17 years and younger will be deposited into a Kids Savings Account. Prizes for 18 years and older will be deposited into an Everyday Options Account.
22.2. If a Prize-winner does not hold a Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account, and is under 11 years of age, their parent or guardian will need to assist in opening the account to redeem the prize. To open an account, the Prize-winner and their parent or guardian must attend a Suncorp Bank Branch and:
a. complete and sign an Account Opening Form;
b. read the relevant Product Information Document; and
c. be identified as required by Suncorp Bank.
22.3. Once the relevant account has been opened, the Organiser will deposit the prize into the Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account as the opening balance. If the Prize-winner already holds a Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account, the Organiser will deposit the prize into this existing account.
How the Highest-Scoring Prize Winners are Determined
23. Participant scores will be calculated by combining the net value at the end of the ESSI Money Game with the score from the mandatory end-of-game financial literacy quiz questions that form part of the Challenge.
24. If multiple participants in an age category have the same score (which is the first, second or third highest score for the age category), the Organiser will, at its sole discretion, determine the Prize-winners based on the participants’ responses to the mandatory end-of-game financial literacy questions that form part of the Challenge.
25. The decisions made by the Organiser and/or its appointed judges are final and binding in all manner and no appeals or discussions in relation to the decisions shall be entered into for any reason whatsoever.
26. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or determine the selection process of Prize-winners at any time.
27. Participants who have won prizes (in either age category) in previous years of the ESSI Money Challenge may participate in the Challenge however they will NOT be eligible to be selected as Prize-winners in either age category or for the state/territory prizes.
28. Each school at which the highest-scoring participant prize-winner for each age category is enrolled (Winning School) will receive a prize. Each Winning School will receive AUD$1,000 in an Account held in the name of the Winning School. Total prize value for all Winning School Prizes is $2,000.
29. The Organiser will notify the Winning Schools by email or telephone and will provide the Winning Schools with their Prize at the Organiser’s discretion after the end date of the Challenge.
Publication of Prize-winners and Winning Schools
30. The names of the Prize-winners and the Winning Schools will appear on the Organiser’s website as soon as practicable after the Prize-winners have been determined by the Organiser. The names of Prize-winners who are under 18 years of age will not be published unless their parent or legal guardian so consents.
Random Participant Prizes
31. All eligible participants go into a random draw for one of 16 $100 EFTPOS gift vouchers. Total prize value for all Random Prizes for participants is $1,600.
32. Two students from each state/territory will be randomly selected to win a AUD$100 EFTPOS gift voucher. One student from a metropolitan area, and one student from a regional area in each of the eight states and territories as described by the Australian Government, Department of Home Affairs: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications/regional-growth
33. The Organiser will notify those participants who have been determined as the Prize-winners by email or telephone using the details provided in their entry at the Organiser’s discretion after the end date of the Challenge and will provide the Prize-winners with letters detailing the Prize and how to redeem it.
34. The participants who have been deemed the Prize-winners must be able to produce proof, to the Organiser’s satisfaction, that they meet the eligibility criteria of the Challenge and these terms and conditions before they can be officially considered the Prize-winners.
35. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Organiser’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
36. The Prize-winners and Winning Schools should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications that may arise from receipt of the Prizes.
37. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a Prize-winner or the Organiser has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact a Prize-winner on or before Monday 9 October 2023; or (ii) a Prize-winner is determined by the Organiser to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to the participant:
37.1. for prizes for the highest-scoring prize winners in each age category: the next highest scoring eligible participant/s based on the judging criteria set out in the section above “How the Highest Scoring Student Prize-winners are determined”; and
37.2. for the Random Prizes for participants: the eligible participant/s drawn in a redraw from a pool of the remaining eligible participants.
38. Any such redraw or decision on next-highest-scoring prize winner will take place on or before 12.00pm on Tuesday 10 October 2023 at the same location as the original judging and draw. Any Prize-winner(s) identified from this process will be notified within 2 days of the decision or redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
Use of personal information
40. Personal information of participants under 18 years of age will only be used with the consent of the participant’s parent or legal guardian.
41. Personal information of participants will not be passed on or used by any other agencies, sponsors or organisations assisting with the Challenge except as necessary to any companies connected to the Challenge and to any relevant authorities for the purpose of administering the Challenge and awarding any prizes.
42. If at any time during or after the Challenge a participant wants to delete any personal information that the Organiser has collected from that person’s entry into the Challenge, the participant (or for participants under 18 years of age, the participant’s parent or legal guardian) may contact the Organiser by telephoning (0433 477 323) to this effect. However, if the participant requests the deletion of their personal information during the Challenge period, the participant will no longer be eligible to win prizes.
Participation in promotional work for the Challenge
43. By entering the Challenge, the winner(s) must, at the Organiser’s or Sponsor’s request, with parental/ carer consent where applicable, participate in promotional activity surrounding winning a prize (namely photographs/ footage of the presentation of prizes), free of charge, and consents to the Promoter and its affiliates using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
44. Participants under 18 years of age will not be able to participate in any promotion, advertising or public relations activities unless the participant’s parent or legal guardian consents.
General conduct of the Challenge
45. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Organiser’s conduct of the Challenge or the Organiser’s ability to deliver Prizes in respect of the Challenge, then the Organiser may in its absolute discretion cancel the Challenge. Alternatively, or subsequent to cancelling the Challenge, the Organiser may recommence the Challenge under similar conditions or substitute any of the Prizes for a prize of similar value.
46. If for any reason the Challenge does not run for its duration due to a computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, the Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
47. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded at law, the Organiser is not responsible for any:
• malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
• failure of any email or entry to be received by the Organiser; nor
• any injury or damage to participants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the Challenge, downloading any materials in the Challenge or winning or using any of the Prizes.
48. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, the Organiser reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to:
• cancel or modify the Challenge, or any part thereof,
• determine and/or amend, by addition to, deletion from or variation of, these terms and conditions without prior notification, including but not limited to, the eligibility terms and criteria for the Challenge and the selection of Prize-winners; or
• substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason and without any payment or compensation whatsoever.
49. The Challenge and these terms and condition are governed by the laws of the state of Victoria, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.
50. Permit No ACT TP 23/01381
51. Authority No NSW TP/01178